Dr. Diane Langberg is a practicing psychologist whose clinical expertise includes 45 years of working with trauma survivors and clergy. She speaks internationally on topics related to trauma, ministry and the Christian life.
She is the director of Diane Langberg, Ph.D. & Associates, a group practice in suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, staffed by Christian psychologists, social workers and counselors. The staff has expertise in many areas, including sexual and domestic abuse, addictions, depression, anxiety, marital and family therapy and eating disorders. They work with adults, children and adolescents, and couples.
Dr. Langberg is clinical faculty at Biblical Theological Seminary where she so-leads the Global Trauma Recovery Institute with Dr. Phil Monroe. She is the author of Counsel for Pastors’ Wives (Zondervan), Counseling Survivors of Sexual Abuse (Xulon Press), and On the Threshold of Hope: Opening the Door to Healing for Survivors of Sexual Abuse (Tyndale House) and Suffering and the Heart of God: How Trauma Destroys and Christ Restores (New Growth Press). Dr. Langberg is a columnist for Christian Counseling Today and contributes to many other publications.
Dr. Langberg is the former Chair of the Executive Board of the American Association of Christian Counselors, serves on the boards of GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in a Christian Environment) and is Co-Chair of American Bible Society’s Trauma Advisory Council. Dr. Langberg is the recipient of the Distinguished Alumna for Professional Achievement from Taylor University, the American Association of Christian Counselor’s Caregiver Award, The Distinguished President’s award and the Philadelphia Council of Clergy’s Christian Service Award. She is married and has two sons and four grandchildren.
• Author, Suffering and the Heart of God: How Trauma Destroys and Christ Restores,
New Growth Press, Release Date September 2015
• Author, In Our Lives First: Meditations for Counselors,
https://www.createspace.com/4727068 , 2014
• Author, On the Threshold of Hope Workbook: Opening the Door to Healing for Survivors
of Sexual Abuse, with Sallie Culbreth, M.S., Xulon Press, 2014
• Author, Bringing Christ to Abused Women: Learning to See and Respond, New Growth Press, 2013
• Author, Counseling Women, with Dr. Tim Clinton, Baker Books, 2011
• Author, Counseling Survivor’s of Sexual Abuse, Xulon Press, 2003
• Author, On the Threshold of Hope: Opening the Door to Healing for Survivors of Sexual Abuse,
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 1999
• Author, Counsel for Pastors’ Wives, Zondervan Publishing House, 1988
• Columnist, Christian Counseling Today